A reminder that, if you’re looking for free things to do to occupy you and the kids this weekend, the Roman Road festival is back.
Roman Road Summer Festival is set to return for its third year and will showcase the best of the East End’s talent, heritage, culture and arts all provided in partnership with local businesses, schools and groups.
The festival will take place on Sunday 24th July between 11am and 7pm and includes all the below plus more being added all the time.
- 11am-12noon Music and inspiring talks from Sunday Assembly East End, our local branch of Sunday Assembly, the ‘global movement of wonder and good’
- 12.15-12.40 Rebirth Network Hip Hop dance display
- 13.25-13.45 Taal Torongo Bangladeshi folk dance display
- 13.55-14.20 Roman Road Pop-Up Choir; come along and learn a song. No experience or talent necessary.
- 14.35-14.35 Music from ELAM featuring local up and coming bands from the pioneering East London Academy of Music
- 15.50-16.20 Ruth Johnson semi-finalist of The Voice
- 16.35-17.25 African blues and jazz musician Muntu Valdo
- 17.40-18.30 Funk and Motown band Freddy and the Freeloaders fresh from Glastonbury
- 18.45-19.00 Synchronised psychedelic dance performance from Action Men to round off the festival
You can read up on the history of Roman Road here: http://eastlondonhistory.com/2012/11/29/photos-of-roman-road-bow-and-bethnal-green/